Christian Buggedei @ 2019-07-09 15:28:09
MOAR RANDOM ENCOUNTERS: You are in a city that is run entirely by machines, and no human has entered it for the last year at least. What do you encounter?
Christian Buggedei @ 2019-07-09 15:28:29
26 Truck-Sized delivery drone is being unloaded. Boxes of stuff sit on the loading dock, apparently unattended. 31 PaperBoy Drone is restocking the newspaper vending machine. Newspaper is full of AI-generated content that is mostly meaningless gibberish, but also mentions dangerous intruders in the city 32 Annual automated fireworks festival
Whidou @ 2019-07-09 16:38:55
33. The machine that can fix any machine that is not able to fix itself. Can it fix itself? 34. Automated buses waiting for the automated drawbridge to lower after an automated boat went through. The boat will come back the other way half an hour later. 35. A building printer with no stop condition, forever adding more levels to a gigantic unfinished skyscraper. 36. A clowder of loudly purring pet cat-bots looking for scratches. 37. Smart houses winking sensually at each other with their roller shutters.
Mamading Ceesay @ 2019-07-09 17:42:21
42. Vendorbot aggressively tries to sell you a delicious snack from its built in vending cabinet.
Matthew Adams @ 2019-07-10 04:40:35
Elevator music has evolved to a complex mating call, with elevators singing loudly to each other. Stop lights no longer provide simple directions and flash in complicated patterns that act just like neurons firing in organic brains for the machine city. Stare to long at the lights and the synapses in your brain start to fire in the same pattern
Christian Buggedei @ 2019-07-10 09:12:10
44 Desinfectant bot keeps sweeping and cleaning behind the Survivors every step. 45 Decades long lack of human interest has completely skewed the attention-grabbing algorithms of the automated billboards. They are now blaring the advertisings at deafening jet engine roar levels of noise and use epilepsy-inducing flashes. (Save vs WIL or become Impaired due to not being able to look away.)
Mamading Ceesay @ 2019-07-10 10:14:07
42. (Edit) A swarm of vendorbots descend on the party aggressively trying to sell you delicious snacks from their built in vending cabinets.
Alistair Langsford @ 2019-07-10 11:45:10
46. A street sweeper/cleaner bot is desperate to function effectively and efficiently. It needs some real rubbish to “sweep” up, and re-package as neat cubes of compressed waste for the recycling station to handle to demonstrate its own worth, else it’ll become surplus (and thus rubbish) itself. You’re the first thing it’s seen that looks like decent rubbish in a *long* time.
Christian Buggedei @ 2019-07-10 11:56:59
(ooh, love that one!)
Christian Buggedei @ 2019-07-10 11:58:22
54 A set of neat cubes, clad in gray compacted material. Dismantling the cubes reveals a lot of trash, but also 3 corpses.
Andrew Walter @ 2019-07-10 12:03:10
55 Ticker Tape Elemental.
Alistair Langsford @ 2019-07-10 17:34:31
56. You see a pile of rough trash cubes, and hear whimpering and groans. A roving trash-compactor bot is about to arrive, and process those cubes.
Alistair Langsford @ 2019-07-10 17:36:43
I do hope you publish the complete list. These lists are quite fun and good spurs to creativity.
Christian Buggedei @ 2019-07-10 18:50:22
for sure - Mail Order Apocalypse will eventually be available from your friendly lasagna-fueled neighborhood game publisher!
Christian Buggedei @ 2019-07-11 11:00:07
64 Deliverator Drone that is supposed to deliver a pizza to "Jonas Wagner", but can't find him. It's been searching for 200 years now. It has started out as a simple delivery drone but upgraded itself during the search. The pizzabox is now a stasis chamber, and the Deliverator is armed to prevent food theft. (Armour 2, HP 12, Twin Katanas, 1d6 each)
Mamading Ceesay @ 2019-07-12 02:12:14
Hmm, is this an Into The Odd hack?
Christian Buggedei @ 2019-07-12 07:06:14
Log in to comment.